The scheme operates to help those in financial need with help to purchase essential items such as;
•Cookers, fridge freezers, washing machines and tumble dryers
•Carpets, furniture and bedding
•Official School uniforms
1. All applications must be on the correct form (RIN2019) and submitted to; Mr J P Southwell, Clerk to the Trustees, Consolidated Charity of Burton upon Trent, 1st Floor Gibraltar House, Crown Square, First Avenue, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2WE. Telephone enquiries should be made to 01283 527067
2. Applicants must live in the area of benefit which is the town of Burton upon Trent and the parishes of Branston, Stretton, Barton-under-Needwood, Tutbury, Rolleston on Dove, Tatenhill and Rangemore, plus the Parish of Outwoods including South Outwoods.
3. The maximum grant awarded will be £600 per calendar year, and no more than three individual applications will be considered in a five-year period.
4. Your application must be supported by a support worker, or other suitable professional who knows you, e.g. Social Worker, Local councillor, Probation Officer or Health Visitor. The letter of support should contain a detailed reason why applicants need assistance and should clearly state the items that are needed. The letter must be on headed paper and signed by the person supporting the application. A Doctor’s letter will not be accepted.
5. Applications will be rejected if incompleteor if all requisite supporting documentation has not been received.
6. Only three applications from the same individual in a five year term will be accepted.