The scheme operates to help those in financial need with assistance to purchase essential items such as;
• White goods for example cookers, fridge freezers, washing machines, tumble dryers
• Carpets, furniture and bedding
• Mobility aids
• Official School uniforms
1. All applications must be on the correct form (RIN2020) and submitted to; Mr J P Southwell, Clerk to the Trustees, Consolidated Charity of Burton upon Trent, 1st Floor Gibraltar House, Crown Square, First Avenue, Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 2WE. Telephone enquiries should be made to 01283 527067.
2. Applicants must live in the area of benefit which is the town of Burton upon Trent and the parishes of Branston, Stretton, Barton-under-Needwood, Tutbury, Rolleston on Dove, Tatenhill and Rangemore, plus the Parish of Outwoods including South Outwoods.
3. The maximum grant awarded will be £600 per calendar year, and no more than three individual applications will be considered in a five-year period.
4. Your application must be supported by a support worker, or other suitable professional who knows you, e.g. Social Worker, Local Councillor, Probation Officer or Health Visitor. The letter of support should contain;
- confirmation of the applicant’s current address
- a detailed reason why applicants need assistance
- a list of the items that are needed, including confirmation that the items are required by the applicant.
The letter must be on headed paper and signed by the person supporting the application. A Doctor’s letter will not be accepted.
5. Applications will be rejected if in complete or if all requisite supporting documentation has not been received.