£20,000 awarded to local organisations
More than £20,000 in grants to organisations and good causes in the town have been awarded by the Trustees at their latest meeting.
The Consolidated Charity of Burton upon Trent will be handing out cash to six groups, including a £7,500 grant to the Star Foundation and £4,000 to support arts groups in the town.
The latest round of awards from the Charity includes:
- £7,500 towards the cost of providing two vans for the Star Foundation charity store;
- £1,000 to support the Eaton Foundation’s Inner You support project;
- £5,000 to help St George’s Knights Power Wheelchair Football Club encourage more participants;
- £2,000 each to the Little Theatre Company and Burton and District Arts Council for a year’s rent on the costume and props storage facility they share;
- £3,055 to the East Staffordshire Sports Development Team towards the cost of supporting talented individuals through the East Staffordshire Sports Scholarship Awards.
Consolidated Charity Chairman Ben Robinson said: “We have helped a wide range of groups and organisations in 2015, all of which serve the community and offer tangible benefits to the people of Burton.
“We are proud and delighted to be able to offer a helping hand to so many organisations and we know the cash will be well spent.”
The Consolidated Charity is an endowed charity which aims to benefit the residents of Burton by providing almshouse accommodation and by making charitable grants to individuals in need and to organisations which serve the community.
It is run by a group of volunteer trustees. Anyone wishing to apply for a grant or to find out more about the charity should visit www.consolidatedcharityburton.org.uk
This entry was posted on December 7, 2015