Organisations set to receive cash support from the Consolidated Charity
The Consolidated Charity has approved more than £18,000 of grant awards at its latest meeting.
The beneficiaries are:
- Burton and District Arts Council - £2,000 to help pay for the rent on its storage property;
- The Little Theatre Company - £2,000 to help pay for the rent on its storage property;
- Mellow Dramatics - £6,600 towards its property and running costs;
- St Mary’s Church in Stretton - £5,000 towards the costs of refurbishing the church hall kitchen;
- East Staffordshire Borough Council Sports Development - £3,055 for the 2017 Sports Scholarship Awards.
Consolidated Charity Chairman Ben Robinson says: “In 2016, the Charity has made grant awards to a diverse range of groups and organisations which have a positive impact on the lives of residents of Burton.
“We are delighted to make five further awards and we know the money will be well used by all the successful applicants.”
The Consolidated Charity is an endowed Charity which aims to benefit the residents of Burton by providing Almshouse accommodation and by making charitable grants to individuals in need and to organisations which serve the community.
It is run by a group of volunteer Trustees. Anyone wishing to apply for a grant or to find out more about the charity should visit www.consolidatedcharityburton.org.uk
This entry was posted on November 21, 2016